Saturday, July 16, 2011

three-hundred-forty-three.​ june 22, 2011. "i learned something new."



a kind coworker (i have kind coworkers!) told me one of my break lights was out, so this morning i went to an auto parts store to take care of it. i hate going to any car-related places. i feel like it's so hard to get help, unless you're the kind of girl that can flirt or bat your eyelashes to get what you want out of the world. that doesn't work for me. but i walked in and saw an old man and thought...i've got this. all i have to do is be a normal, nice person. he helped me find the right bulb, and showed me how to change it so next time i can do it myself. that's what i want to know. how can i do this myself? lesson learned. stored away the knowledge. i feel just a smidgen more invincible and powerful than 24 hours ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment