Saturday, July 16, 2011

three-hundred-forty-five. june 24, 2011. "thanks..."



please, let me explain.

sometimes i take a look around my apartment and throw things away. it's great. i look around and think...why do i have this??? i'm approaching a move, so it's definitely a good time to do that before packing begins. i'll be making a run to mckay's with books i no longer want. i saw this on my shelf and could not imagine why i kept it after my last move. it's a gift for my high school graduation from one of my mom's friends. the layout/premise of this book is kind of absurd. the internet was relatively new when i was graduating, so this was someone's brilliant idea of how to connect with us. but people who like e-mail also like reading those e-mail on computers. so pretending to write letters from God in e-mail form in a book is just...odd, ok. odd. so i opened it up and immediately remembered why i kept it. the person who gave it to me wrote a very nice note on the inside cover, including a verse that was quite comforting to me today. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." sigh. back on the bookshelf, for passersby to mock relentlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment