Saturday, September 11, 2010

fiftyeight. september 10, 2010. "life."



my roommate is engaged! it's great news. they're both such kind and lovely people.

fun facts:

last summer i had a flat tire, and discovered it in the middle of my day at work. i called a friend who was unemployed to see if she could help me figure it out at that time of day, but she had a job interview. she called this other guy who was also unemployed at the time, and i had only really met him the night before. we didn't know each other. at all. but he drove all the way out to my job (a 20 or so minute drive), and tried to help me change my tire. a stranger.

a few days later i learned he was moving, so i decided i wanted to help him out. i was so thankful for his help. i noticed he had some frank lloyd wright posters hanging around, which just so happens to be my sister's favorite architect. at one point we were sitting around waiting for lunch or something, and i told my friend "this guy is so nice. and he likes frank lloyd wright. if my sister lived here, i would make them date." she chuckled.

a week or so later, a group of friends gathered for a picnic. i drove with the friend who chuckled, where she informed me that she wasn't going to let my sister have this nice guy. she preferred to keep him for herself, and was hoping he'd ask her out. which he did a month or so later.

i love the progression of this story. she ended up being my roommate months later. which i had no idea was going to happen. they ended up falling in love, and now they're getting married. it's so weird how tiny events like a stranger changing your tire, or driving to a picnic, end up coming together in such a delightful way.

just a few days ago he killed one of the spiders who has been making my life unpleasant. let's not leave that out of the story. he offered to whack the big one, but i don't want him to die. so we'll just leave it for now. but seriously y'all. don't use the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment